There are 24.000 collection points all over Belgium, and an annual collected weight of over 3800 tons, so this presents quite the logistical challenge. BEBAT works together with a broad network of partners: independent transport companies, shops/schools/companies that serve as drop-off points, consumers that have questions, etc. Recently they also became responsible for recycling batteries used for electric vehicles (e-bikes, cars, electric buses, etc.), increasing the complexity of their partner ecosystem.
Therefore they have embraced digitalization to increase efficiency across their whole supply chain & logistics. On top of that they have improved service levels towards their partners, collection points, and citizens.
BEBAT started working with LoQutus in 2011 and BEBAT really made use of our wide-ranging expertise to become a digital leader. These are a few of the projects we realised for them:
- Building a digital system to automate logistical operations
- Setting up a Data Warehouse
- API Management
- Expanding towards a digital ecosystem to enable partners, citizens, etc.
- Providing BEBAT with the right analytics & insights on their platform to further optimize operations
- Developing & implementing a chatbot (Barry, the BEBAT Bot!)
- Revamping their intranet